Life at SIT does not stop at academics only. For an all round development of a student's personality, our institute provides opportunities to nourish student's hidden talents. lt is for this purpose only that the institute organizes cultural programs and sports. The students also participate in different activities of the institute. The activities beyond their academics help them groom into better professionals. Sports tournaments of crickets, football, table-tennis etc are organized on regular basis, different out door and indoor sports facilities motivate students to develop team spirit, competitive spirit and group cohesiveness. SIT also organizes camps to give real life orientation to the students.
Keeping in mind the ultimate goal of making our students more employable and better geared up with all pre-requisite tools for industrial application we at Sachdeva Institute of Technology have tied up with "Thinnk ware", Noida to train our students in ROBOTICS.
Robotics is a field of engineering that deals with design and application of robots and the use of computer for their manipulation and processing. Robots are used in Industries for speeding up the manufacturing process. They are also used in the field of nuclear science, Sea-exploration, Servicing of transmission electric Signals, designing of bio-medical equipments etc. A trained Robotics engineer can apply his mastery in diverse fields like modern warfare, surgery, nano-techonology, space-exploration and several other areas.
A course in robotics trains and educates an individual in the following fields:-
- Artificial intelligence
- Computer Aided manufacturing
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing System
- Computational Geometry>
- Robot Motion Planning
- Digital Electronics and micro-processors>
- Robot manipulators.
Various guest lectures and technical activities are also emphasized to strengthen their skills and the development of innovative projects for the students. Some of these are listed below:-
Innovative approach on Robotics
Organized by- M/s Think ware Ltd, Noida
Duration- 15 Days.
Audience-Final Year students aiming at project work
Innovative approach on embedded systems
Organized by- M/s Think ware Ltd, Noida
Duration- 15 Days.
Audience-Final Year students aiming at project work.
Innovative approach on Mat lab
Organized By- M/s Think ware Ltd, Noida
Audience- Final year students aiming at project work.
Expert Lecture on research and education in signals & systems.
Organized- EC deptt, S.I.T, Mathura
Audience- Final and pre final year students.
P.D.P classes are organized for the overall personality development of the students.
IEEE chapters are being proposed to be introduced for the interaction of the faculty and the students with the outside world.
Topic- Stochastic optimization for signalized traffic signal.
Author- Mr. Rajan singh
Journal- International Journal of knowledge based and intelligent Engg. Theory systems. o Vol. 13, Nov 2/2009.
Topic- Comparison, study and performance evaluation of different timing plans of signalized intersection.
Author- Mr. Rajan singh Journal- Accepted for Publication (in process).
Technology Based Programs :
The institute runs various value added courses too, which are highly beneficial to our students to get their projects in industries and MNC's. Currently the institute is running three technology based programs on Java, .NET and PHP. Value-added activities are organized as per the market needs and day-to-day technology trends.
"TROIKA" is the student's Society which organizes different activities among students at their level like quizes, competitions, extempore etc.
VALUE ADDITION FOR MBA'S
The banking sector is predicted
to recruit more than 4-5 lakh employees in the near future.
Keeping the above in mind
a course in Banking Technology by IDBI,
Intech is being run for students of MBA. Certificate in Banking
Technology (CBT) is carefully designed to impart practical banking knowledge
and core banking system (CBS) skills to
the MBA students. The training programmes include training on banking
concepts and then the "hands on" session regarding banking &
Certificate in Banking Technology
is a value added course which will provide following benefits to MBA
It will keep the participants.
After completion of the
program, students will definitely gain an edge over others for finding
jobs in the banking sector. IDBI, Intec will also facilitate their placement
procedure by writing letters to various banks in the Northern Region.
IEEE STUDENTS CHAPTER &WORKSHOP
- A step ahead
- Better equipped
from banking prospective.
- Enriched in Banking-
Tech skills and functional knowledge.
- Ready for
banking jobs from day one.
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGG.
“IEEE STUDENTS CHAPTER &WORKSHOP”
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE's highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities.
- IEEE publishes nearly a third of the world’s technical literature in electrical engineering, computer science and electronics.
- Each year, over 100,000 technical professionals attend the more than 900 conferences sponsored or co-sponsored by the IEEE.
- From microelectronics and microwaves to sensors and security, IEEE conferences cover relevant topics that showcase the depth and breadth of members’ technical fields.
- IEEE is a leading developer of international standards that underpin many of today's telecommunications, information technology and power generation products and services.
- The IEEE is an authorized provider of continuing education units through the International Association of Continuing Education and Training.
- At the pre-college level, the IEEE works with industry, universities and government to raise students’ literacy in science, math, engineering and technology. IEEE is the technology's "global village" - a worldwide community where innovators share what works, what does not, and what is needed now.
- From continuing education courses and certifications, to conferences and competitions, you can learn more, create more, and achieve more of what matters in your life and career through IEEE membership. IEEE membership helps support the IEEE mission of promoting the engineering profession for the benefit of humanity and the profession.
- By awarding continuing education units and professional development hours, the IEEE helps its members meet their continuing education requirements, and develops products and services in support of these efforts.
KEY FEATURES OF IEEE MEMBERSHIP:
- Value addition for Electronics and Communication Engineering students
- Access to the emerging technological advancements in the field of advanced electronics
- Quick access to the research papers on latest technologies
- Innovative approach in project work and designing
- Gateway to the various workshops and seminars by experts , being held nationally and internationally
- A step forward to enhance the curriculum with the value addition of IEEE chapter and be with the prestigious and renowned names of academics.
ABOUT E&C ENGG. DEPARTMENT:
The IEEE student’s chapter is being proposed to enhance the need to explore the areas core electronics and provide a suitable ground to the students to encourage them to work on various technical projects and excavate their potentials simultaneously.
Presently we are having 11 academic members among faculty and 70 student members rendering their full support in this progressive step to meet the needs of the present technological scenario.
As we emphasize on the value addition of the students and the development of technical education, this will prove to be a benchmark in the name of S.I.T.
Our miss Our mission is to advance the knowledge of Electronics and Communication and related areas with a focus on developing relevant skills, competencies and attitude o meet the industrial and societal needs.